Monday, January 06, 2014

January 2014 Ramble: Resolutions and Promises

This month in the Ramble we have decided to make our writing goals public so that they are out there and you all can help us be accountable.  Kind of us to volunteer you, wasn't it? :)  Without further ado, here are my goals, dreams and aspirations for the coming year (in no particular order).

1.  Submit to Writer's of the Future First Quarter (to begin with).

2. Begin publishing the series I started in NaNoWriMo 2013 (more news on this later).

3. Write an effective fight scene (I love watching various fighting styles, but I haven't figured out the art of writing them).

4. Have something to submit to my writing groups at least every other month.

5.  Write for an hour every day.

6.  Keep a dream journal again.

Goals can be big, small, long term or short.  They can be about the craft itself or about an end product.  All that matters is that they fill you with excitement, motivation and inspiration.  Take a few moments and think of what you really want to accomplish this year and write it down.  Leave it in a comment if that helps!  You kick my butt, I'll kick yours - how does that sound? :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you are looking to write a good fight scene, might I recommend listening to a sports broadcaster on the radio. They can be quite descriptive in a very short period of time, and most have a great deal of enthusiasm. A little bit of research maybe.

Heidi A Wilde said...

That's an interesting angle I wouldn't have thought of. Thank you! Do you have a particular broadcaster in mind? I don't speak sportsball, so I don't trust myself to know if I'm listening to a good one or not.